Wednesday 9 May 2012

NHL Playoffs


I chose this topic because I find it very interesting because I am a big hockey fan. This topic seems really interesting with a few views and people talking about it all over school and the Internet. Another place you hear a lot about the playoffs is Sports Net. With all the teams that were leaders in the regular season out, the hockey is good to watch with just few “top ten” plays or goals, but like I said, it is really good hockey. 


The articles I chose could have both factual and or opinion based because they are researched throughout the web but are also chosen on my opinion. I don’t know if the people reading these articles feel the same I do about them but all the articles are different with Fact and some are things about stuff based on what I thought was cool or neat to read about. I can tell this is true because if it was me reading these things I would find them very factual but like the “ Trick Shots” article maybe someone isn’t into trick shot, and maybe they don’t like the show boating. There is a bit of general bias in some of these articles, like how people reported on them but I researched the article them “Scooped it” and wrote my opinion on it. That is bias in a way cause I took someone else’s report and turned it into mine. Another way bias is shown in my magazine is how I took a picture from the Internet and then wrote up a little report on the bottom of the photo. My strongest article is the one on “NHL playoffs” because, I found a lot more details and cool storyies on the topic also it has had the most views out of all my articles. It also got +3 rating. The reason I think I found a lot on this topic is because the playoffs are on right now and the playoffs are a big thing all over the world. With this topic being about the playoffs many people will see it and want to read some of the articles I have posted. Now my weakest topic would have to be “Trick Shots” because, nobody has viewed it and it’s not as good as the other topics i’ve done. It also doesn’t have a lot to read on. This topic also has the most bias in it so that’s another big reason it is my weakest topic.        
From working on this project I have learned a lot about bias and how it is all over the web. You can read on an article about a hockey team and them go to a news site and see the same article with a few words changed. Another thing that has changed my thinking is reading the articles on the playoffs. I’ve learned that the team that is playing for their dream to go all the way for the first time or even their second time, and they are going all the way. We watched L.A Kings sweep two great teams, then we see the Phenix Coyotes play so hard and win both series, but the New Jersey Devils are the ones who surprise me the most beating the Florida Panthers and the Flyers. We cant forget the New York Rangers and Henrick Lunguist beat the Senators, and play great against the Capitals. In the end I would really like to see the Devils play the Coyotes in the Stanley Cup finals.

No comments:

Post a Comment